Sunday, January 26, 2014

Blog post 2

1. When I watched the "Mr. Dancealot video", I learned that you need to make sure you are explaining the material well to your students. When demendstating something in class make sure all the students in the class can see and pay attention to what is going on. The most important thing the teacher could have done was to let the students practice the dance steps in class. I definitely agreed with the authors conclusion because you can not teach anything without giving examples or demostrating it to the class first.

2. When I watched the "Teaching in the 21st century" video, Roberts is stressing how important it is to learn independently in class. He pushes the importance of technology into the classroom and explains how it is a great source for students to learn. Robert's points on teaching are really good sources beacuse just learning straight out of the books are not the only sources to learning. When I become a future educator, I will use a lot of technology in my classroom to help expand my students horizon on learning.

3. After watching " The Networked student", I could tell he did really well with doing his work on his own. The only major things he needed from his teacher was the extra help on sources and guiding him through what he needed to do. The teacher was able to give him good resouces in order for him to do good on his work. That would be a good way to help students develop indepented learning skills for the class.

4. When I watched the "Harness your student digital smart" video, the thesis for this video states that there are more sources out there to teaching besides just teachers. There are many different ways to use technology in the classroom to help your students learn. I think this was a helpful video because it shows how children need to be taught how to learn on their own and develop many independent skills. As a future educator, I will definitely need to use technology in my classroom to help my students develop many skills.

5. When I watched the "Flipping the Classroom" video, I felt like it would be a very good idea to use in my classroom for the future. This technique will be a good source for my students to help them with preparing for class and getting organized. Also, it gives them opportunities to ask questions about the lesson before class starts.

 teaching in 21st century

1 comment:

  1. So we have you thinking about new ways of teaching? Great. That is what we hoped would happen.

    Thoughtful. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete